Are you moving to a new state or country and need to transport your vehicle? Or perhaps you’re buying a car online and need it shipped to your doorstep.
Whatever the reason, if you’re looking to ship a car, one of the first things you’ll need to do is get a car shipping quote.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about car shipping quotes, including what they are, and how they work.
What factors affect the cost? We’ll also give you some tips on how to get the best deal when shipping your car.
What is a car shipping quote?
A car shipping quote estimates the cost of transporting your vehicle from one location to another. It’s usually provided by a car shipping company or broker and takes into account several factors.
Such as the distance between the pickup and delivery locations, the type of vehicle being shipped, and the time of year.
How do car shipping quote work?
To get a car shipping quote, you’ll need to provide some basic information about your vehicle and the transport route.
This might include the make and model of your car, the pickup and delivery locations, and the date you need your car shipped.
Based on this information, the car shipping company or broker will calculate the cost of transporting your vehicle.
There are two main types of car shipping quotes: instant quotes and manual quotes. Instant quotes are generated automatically by a computer program, based on the information you provide.
Manual quotes, on the other hand, are created by a person who reviews your information and calculates the cost of shipping your car.
Factors that affect the cost of a car shipping quote
Several factors can affect the cost of a car shipping quote, including:
- Distance: The farther your car needs to be transported, the more expensive the quote will be. This is because the transport company will need to cover more miles and incur more expenses.
- Type of vehicle: Larger vehicles, such as trucks and SUVs, are more expensive to transport than smaller cars. This is because they take up more space on the transport truck and require more fuel to transport.
- Time of year: The cost of shipping a car can vary depending on the time of year. For example, during the winter months, when there is more demand for transport services, the cost may be higher.
- Pickup and delivery locations: The cost of shipping your car can also vary depending on the pickup and delivery locations. If you’re shipping your car to a remote location or an area with difficult access, the cost may be higher.
- Type of transport: There are two main types of car transport: open and enclosed. Open transport is cheaper but exposes your car to the elements. Enclosed transport is more expensive but provides more protection for your vehicle.
Tips for getting the best deal on a car shipping quote
- Compare quotes: Don’t settle for the first car shipping quote you receive. Shop around and compare quotes from several different companies to get the best deal.
- Be flexible: If you’re able to be flexible with your pickup and delivery dates, you may be able to save money on your car shipping quote.
- Choose the right type of transport: Consider the type of transport that best suits your needs and budget. If you’re on a tight budget, open transport may be the best option. If you have a valuable or exotic car, enclosed transport may be a better choice.
- Book in advance: Booking your car transport in advance can help you save money and ensure that you get the pickup and